Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Our marae trip

WALT: write a recount

That means we are writing about an experience that we have had.

Success Criteria:
  • Write what we enjoyed
  • Write about how we felt
  • Add detail about what I did
  • Write about what it looked like


Tuesday was  the day we were going to the marae in Woodville. We went in the bus to go to woodville. We went with our buddys. I felt a bit sick on the way. When we got there we had a powhiri. That means they welcomed us  to the marae. We stood on the path in a bunch waiting to get welcomed in.  The  leader and David each did a speech in moari and in english. the leader from the marae said somethings like he said the pictures on the back wall are the people that are conected to the marae and all the carvings on the walls. We sang a song and they sang a song back to us. At the end of the powhiri we did a hongi. At first I was a bit unsure and nervous about doing the hongi. I felt proud that I did the hongi. Then it was brunch there was a special room that we ate in it was called wharekai. I was really proud of me because it was my first time at the marae.

By Aria.
Ebony says: This is a wonderful recount of your experience on the marae Aria. I like how you mentioned about how you felt when you did the hongi. I felt a bit like that too. 

1 comment:

  1. wow Aria I like your Marae. nice detle

    ReplyDelete