Wednesday, 28 May 2014

My maths sample

WALT: solve problems by making equal shares
Success Criteria: We will know we are successful when we can solve the problem by first predicting that 12÷ 2 =
- 6 + 6 = 12 or
- 2 x 6 = 12
- I know that ÷ means "divided by" or "shared equally" 

Here is a video of me doing my strategy


if you can't see this you can use this link to see it
http://www.showme.com/sh/?h=LlekVGq

We are learning this strategy so we got better at equaling numbers
We are learning this in a way like if you had 10 cookies and two people the would get five each.
How we did it was we had the big number and split that into the amount of people that wanted some.
I learned that by knowing multiplication then that made it easier for me to do division.

Evaluation: I think I could be a bit better at working the problem out it out.


I think you could go into a much quieter space for the video other than that you did very well.
- Tabitha  






3 comments:

  1. Hi Aria, this is your WALT for this post:

    WALT solve problems by making equal shares.
    Success Criteria: We will know we are successful when we can solve the problem by first predicting that 12÷ 2 =
    - 6 + 6 = 12 or
    - 2 x 6 = 12
    - I know that ÷ means "divided by" or "shared equally"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent well done! I like the way you double checked your answer to make sure you were correct.

    Next time, try to solve the problem by repeating addition e.g. 45 ÷ 5 = 9+9+9+9+9. Or you could try solving it by multiplication i.e. 5 x 9 = 45.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Division will be easy when you learn you multiplication facts. I know you are working really hard on these.

    ReplyDelete