Thursday, 3 July 2014

Smart goals

Purpose: To set a learning goal for school, friendships, sports and personal.

WALT: Set Smart Goals

Task:

S.M.A.R.T. means SpecificMeasurableAttainableRealistic and Time-sensitive.

Specific: Don’t be vague. What exactly do you want?

Measurable: Quantify your goal. How will you know if you’ve achieved it or not?

Attainable: Be honest with yourself about what you can reasonably accomplish at this point in your life, taking into consideration your current responsibilities.

Realistic: It’s got to be doable, real and practical.

Time: Associate a time frame with each goal. When should you complete the goal?

Criteria: I can write 4 learning goals that are

Self Assessment

Peer Comment

  • Specific;
  • Measurable;
  • Attainable;
  • Realistic;
  • Time Sensitive.

Name:

Overall, how well do you think your learning partner has done?

Comment:

My writing goal is to... Organise and group ideas into paragraphs using links within and between paragraphs 

The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because... I need to have more paragraphs to show where one idea starts and ends 

I will accomplish my goal by... Making sure I have my ideas in order. I will do this by the end of term 3.

My reading goal is to... Use strategies independently across a range of tricky texts

The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because... So I can understand tricky text.

I will accomplish my goal by... Talking to others, diagrams, highlight the tricky text and underline the main idea. I will do this by the middle of term 3.

My maths goal is to... Apply part-whole strategies to larger problems

The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because... To get better at large problems.

I will accomplish my goal by... Splitting and adding. I will do this by the end of term 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment