Monday, 15 June 2015

Kapahaka portfolio sample

On Monday afternoon some of us go to kapahaka. Kapa Haka is when you go and learn Maori songs and you sing and dance to them. Sometimes we perform to people. The purpose of this is to share the moari culture with others.

Here is a picture of me doing kapahaka 


At kapahaka I enjoy... Learning the moari songs and what there about. I also like sharing the moari culture

I am most proud of… inpiring others to do it because when I started no one wanted to do it but me, then Sophie and Zara thought it looked cool and joined. Then just this year Tabitha thought it looked really cool and joined.

I find pronounceing the words challenging because I always see the word and think that it's this but it's actually not. 

I am managing this challenge by thinking before I say it

A personal goal for me is to get the pronunciation right 

Our school wide focus this term has been around showing excellence. I show this at kapahaka by helping Tabitha in learning the words and actions

Feedback/feedfoward: I agree I think you inspired Sophie and I to do Kapahaka and I am having a blast, you could work on words the most
- Tabs

1 comment:

  1. How nice to know that you inspired others to try something new Aria.

    I think you have a lot of courage and leadership to be the first!

    Good luck on your pronunciation. It is tricky, especially after singing words a certain way for so long. It is hard to break a habit!

    Ka mau te wehi on a fabulous reflection.

    ReplyDelete