Monday, 15 June 2015

Writing portfolio sample

WALT: select words carefully to impact our audience 
SC: We have been learning to use verbs, prescie nouns, adjectives and adverbs to add impact 

Description: in writing we got a task to make a plan and story about a particular ball, you had to describe the ball without saying what it was. You had to use words like adverbs and adjectives. Verbs are a descriptive word, a prescie noun is a more prescie noun, a adjective is a descriptive noun and a adverb is to tell the how? When? Where?

Image: here is my planning






Big idea: here is my story
Zooming across the court, I glide from hand to hand. I am loving this tension of who they pass to its all down to this. They try to get me to the half circle and finally where there. The C and GA are trying to cheer on the GS by saying " you can do it" and " it doesn't matter if you miss" the GS says "I'm to small" she try's to pass me to the GA, I soar through the air and land in the wrong hands. The GK tries to pass but the GA leapt and gets the ball. The GA try's to shoot, I glide through the air onto the edge of the goal. I roll around and then boom I go through the hoop, yay everyone's happy saying yay. Maybe I do have a good life as a netball.

Feedback/feedfoward Wow Aria you did really well but I think you could work on putting more detail into your story otherwise you did really well - Sophie

Evaluation I think I did really well at describing with little hints on what the ball was without saying what it was.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way that you used descriptive language like soar, glide and boom. This gives me the feeling of what it must be like to be a netball.

    I also think the way you started your story with a complex sentence sounds really sophisticated.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete