Thursday, 25 February 2016

Active listening

Descripton: In class, we decided to make a video on listening. There are 3 types of listening; busy listening, me too listening and active listening.


Big Idea: Busy Listening is a type of listening where the talker is talking about something, but the listener isn't focused on listening, (e.g, playing a game on your iPad). Me Too Listening is a type of listening where the talker is talking about something, (e.g, what you did on the weekend), and the listener is interrupting saying what they did on the weekend. Active listening is when the talker is talking about what they did on the weekend, and the listener is paying full attention and asking questions.


Feedback/feedfoward: I think you did really well by explaining what each listening point is.

You could work on projecting your voice.- Sophie


Evaluation: I think we did really well at showing the different types of listening. Next time I could work on projecting my voice. I think I do really well at being a active listener but sometimes I can be a busy and a me too listener, so this year I am going to work on that.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive publication here. Moreover as I see, this question is very actual for many people indeed. Personally I totally agree with author opinion about this subject and I think that it would be really interesting to create such discussion with other this website visitors. Anyway thanks a lot one more time for the great and informative essay writers
    publication. And I will definitely be waiting for more such nice posts like this one from you. Kind regards, Peter Rickson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You guys were very entertaining. Loved how you explained the different listening types and gave examples at the end. I wonder when do you show it the best? Listening to teachers? Your friends? Your mum or dad? Your sister?

    ReplyDelete